WELCOME TO HOLY SOULS SCHOOL YEAR ONE BLOG

Have fun and learn with Year One!

Monday 28 February 2011

INSPIRE WORKSHOP

Can you solve the problems?

Remember to circle the important parts, draw a picture, write a number sentence and talk about you work.
Word Problems Year 1


1 Sam has 5 stickers. Polly has 9 stickers. If Sam wants to collect as many stickers as Polly, how many more does he need?

2 A toy car costs 7p. A toy aeroplane costs 10p more. How much does the aeroplane cost?

3 I think of a number and add 3. The answer is 8. What is my number?

4 A drink costs 5p. I want to buy 3 drinks. How much will I need?

5 How many toes are there on two feet?

6 How many gloves are there in two pairs?

7 There were 12 chocolates in a bag. I ate 4 of them. How many were left?

8 A tricycle has 3 wheels. How many wheels on two tricycles?

9 Emma is two years older than Hamid. Hamid is 9. How old is Emma?

10 Some rabbits ate 2, 4 and 6 carrots. How many carrots did they eat altogether?

11 A toy box had 6 dinosaurs in it. Half of them were green. How many were not green?

12 Sally had 2 dolls. Nita had 3 dolls. How many more dolls would they need if they wanted to take 6 dolls on a picnic?

13 Chelsea spent 7p at the sweet shop. What was her change from 10p?

14 Scott rolled a ball 4 metres. Ben rolled a ball 8 metres. How much further did Ben’s ball roll?

15 Pens cost 6p. Amar paid for them exactly with two coins. What coins did he use?


11 comments:

  1. Miss McTiernan3 March 2011 at 01:55

    If Kacper has 4 sweets and Stasiu eats 1 of them. How many sweets does Kacper have left?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realy enjoyed this workshop, but some questions was tricky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. noah had 6sweets and i ate two of them how many are leaft

    ReplyDelete
  4. if summer has 6 sweets and i ate 1 of them how many left.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stasiu has 9 sweets and his dad eats 5 of them. How many left?

    ReplyDelete
  6. rohann has 12 trucks, holly has half. how many do they have each?

    ReplyDelete
  7. summer frazer morris3 March 2011 at 02:00

    i really enjoyed my sums on the blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this workshop and i enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete
  9. it was very tricky today. i liked doing maths.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had 10 apples and I ate 7.How many do I have left.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clayton Thomas3 March 2011 at 02:05

    I did the number and I found it a little bit tricky and I worked it out and I enjoyed it. I did my problems and my number line and white board helped me.

    ReplyDelete