WELCOME TO HOLY SOULS SCHOOL YEAR ONE BLOG

Have fun and learn with Year One!

Tuesday 5 January 2010

Spring Term Targets 2010

Here are our new Year 1 targets for 2010
Writing~
I can produce ideas for a story.
I can choose interesting words from a word bank.
I can find, choose and select interesting words to use in my writing.
Reading~
I can show you which book to look in to find out e.g. how a butterfly grows e.g. who ate the porridge
I can point out some simple text features e.g. font style, labels, titles, and say why a writer has used them.
I can explain, for example, alphabetical order, layout, diagrams, captions, different types of punctuation, hyperlinks and bullet points.
Maths~Fractions
Recognise and use ‘half’ to describe an object that has been cut into two equal pieces. Recognise and use
‘quarter’ to describe an object that has been cut into 4 equal pieces.
Begin to recognise half of a small number ie: we have 4 cakes, if I eat half of them how many will be left?
Begin to understand and use the words part or fraction. Shade half or quarter of a shape. Begin to recognise,read and write the numeral half.

No comments:

Post a Comment